NYSC Batch B registration portal will be open on Tuesday 10th July, 2018 for the NYSC 2018 Batch B mobilization exercise. This was made known in a Facebook post by the agency through their official Facebook page. This is a long post, kindly take your time to read the guidelines and follow them for a successful registration at NYSC Batch B registration portal.
All prospective corps member (i.e. citizens of Nigeria that graduated from universities, polytechnics/monotechnics in Nigeria or overseas) are required to commence their registrations starting from the stipulated date for the exercise by the agency.
Table of Contents
Things to NOTE about NYSC Batch B registration portal
- The NYSC Batch B registration portal will open from Tuesday 10th July to Monday 16th July 2018. Prospective corps members are required to register before the closure of the portal.
- The agency website is nysc.gov.ng
- Registration portal is nysc.org.ng
- Social Media Platforms are facebook.com/officialnysc, www.twitter.com/officialnyscng and www.instagram.com/officialnysc
NYSC Batch B registration portal – Guidelines
The post listed some rules and guidelines for the registration for all prospective corps members. Some of the guidelines include:
- Having a functional, active and accessible Email address, Nigerian phone number. It is advised that the Email address be maintained throughout the service year.
- Locally trained prospective Corps Members are expected to use correct institution matriculation numbers to register.
- For locally trained graduates, only those whose names appear on the Senate/Academic Board Approved Result lists submitted by their institutions will have access to register on the NYSC portal.
- Foreign-trained prospective Corps Members should NOTE that ONLY those that graduated from accredited institutions are qualified for mobilization. Any foreign-trained prospective Corps Member who is in doubt of the accreditation status of his/her institution should approach the Federal Ministry of Education for verification;
- Foreign-trained Nigerian graduates are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- WASC Certificate with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings or, GCE with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings or, NECO with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings or, NABTEB with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings or, High School Diploma or its equivalent for those who attended school in the USA, etc.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or PhD are not necessary). Holders of Higher Diploma Certificates are not qualified to register;
- Complete official transcript of the First Degree or HND programme;
- International Travelling Passport showing the following pages:
ii. Visa to the country of study;
iii. Date of first departure to the country of study and
iv. Date of arrival in Nigeria;
- Graduates with dual nationalities are required to upload Personal Data Pages of both international passports and present the passports for physical verification at the orientation camp;
- It is the responsibility of the prospective Corps Members who studied in non-English speaking countries to get their Certificates and Transcripts translated into English Language before uploading. The translated transcripts and certificates should also be presented for physical verification;
- All graduates of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing and Pharmacy are expected to have their practicing license, Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies and upload same on the portal. Payment receipts are not acceptable;
- Foreign-trained graduates seeking mobilization for national service should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja, for physical verification of their documents. The exercise will be done at the orientation camps. They are to print their call-up letters online and report to the orientation camps in their states of deployment;
- Foreign-trained graduates are expected to go to the camps with the original documents they uploaded for verification;
- Provisional certificates, To Whom It May Concern, online print-out, scanned and photocopies of credentials are not acceptable;
- Foreign-trained graduates who registered for Exemption Certificate shall present all their original academic credentials and international passport for physical verification when they come to collect the certificate at the National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja;
- All foreign-trained graduates who registered and are excluded from service should also present original academic credentials and international passport at the NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, for physical verification before Exclusion Letters are printed on-line;
- All foreign-trained prospective Corps Members who registered but were not called up for service in the last batch should log on to the NYSC portal to revalidate their registration. This category of persons need not pay ₦3,000 again;
- Anybody who presents any fake document will be demobilized, decamped and handed over to the security agents;
- Prospective Corps Members should ensure that passport photograph used meet the following specifications:
- Ensure your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown without bending.
- Ensure the picture fills the frame and it’s centralized.
- Ensure the photo background is white or off-white with no shadow.
- On no account should prospective Corps Members register by PROXY. They should also remember the fingers used for their biometric capturing as this will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Those who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camps will not be registered.
- Only Prospective Corps Members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters online are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (₦3,000) (see NYSC Portal on how to make payment).
- Prospective Corps Members who do not want to pay the ₦3,000 have the option of going to their institutions to check their call-up numbers and collect their call-up letters.
- All Prospective Corps Members who had paid for the on-line registration before but were not mobilized need not pay again.
- A married female Prospective Corps Member (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of her marriage certificate, evidence of change of name and husband’s place of domicile during registration.
- The Orientation Camps are not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective Corps Members in this category are therefore, to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Prospective Corps Members with serious health challenge should indicate their TRUE HEALTH STATUS during registration to enable confessional deployment for them.